[act-ma] Fall SpeakOUT Speaker Training

Ellyn Ruthstrom ellyn at speakoutboston.org
Fri Oct 27 10:23:48 PDT 2017

*SpeakOUT Fall Speaker Training*

*Lesley University, **1815 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge*

*Nov 11, 2017, 8:30am-6pm: *

Become a Voice for Change! The personal is political and SpeakOUT Boston
has been using personal stories to open minds and change attitudes towards
LGBTQIA people for over 40 years. Register for SpeakOUT’s Fall Speaker
Training for LGBTQ people and allies who want to use personal storytelling
as a way to create a world free from homo/bi/trans-phobia. We speak from
our hearts. We speak from our own experiences. We speak to dispel
stereotypes. And we speak to let other members of the LGBTQIA community
know they are not alone. We invite you to join us for our fall speaker
training.

As a trained speaker, you will have ongoing opportunities to create
change. Every
year since 1972, our volunteers have conducted informal, interactive
speaking engagements in hundreds of settings, including high schools,
colleges, businesses, government agencies, churches, synagogues, youth
groups, and community service organizations of all kinds.

Cost: $75, $35 for seniors/students. Breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks
included. Inquire about group rates (for 3 or more from the same college or
organization) and sliding scale at info at speakoutboston.org. For more
information or to register, visit bit.ly/Fall2017Training.

--
Ellyn Ruthstrom (pronouns: she/her)
Executive Director

Follow SpeakOUT Boston on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/SpeakOUTFAN>
 and Twitter <https://twitter.com/SpeakOUTBoston>!

Since 1972....The nation's first gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender,
queer, questioning, intersex, asexual and ally speakers bureau.