[act-ma] 12/06 Boston National Day of Action for Immigrant Rights (Today)

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Wed Dec 6 09:09:34 PST 2017

  Boston National Day of Action for Immigrant Rights

12/06 3:30 to 4:30 PM

Faneuil Hall Market Pl, Boston

We’re mobilizing across the country to speak out for immigrants in our
communities, defend immigrant rights and demand urgent action for
Dreamers and people with Temporary Protected Status (TPS).
Since Sept. 5, when President Trump announced the end of DACA, thousands
of young people have lost their status, and if Congress doesn’t act
promptly, hundreds of thousands more will be subject to deportation
starting in March. We’re demanding that Congress pass a clean
#DREAMActNOW, so young people can stop living in fear and focus on
school and work.

We’re also mobilizing to defend the 400,000+ people with TPS – including
more than 12,000 in Massachusetts – who’ve built lives and raised their
families in the U.S. Already, the Trump administration has said it will
end TPS for Nicaraguans and Haitians, and decisions on El Salvador and
Honduras are expected soon. We need to #saveTPS for those who have it,
and push Congress to pass legislation that enables TPS holders to get
permanent residency.

And we’re mobilizing to defend ALL immigrants, who’ve faced relentless
bullying in the past year, and have seen loved ones deported or detained
– like our friend and SEIU 32BJ member Francisco Rodríguez. We will not
allow our families to be divided.
Join Dreamers, TPS holders, documented and undocumented immigrants, and
scores of allies for Boston’s contribution to a National Day of Action.
We’re coming together to say NO to deportations, NO to racism, NO to
fear-mongering – and to call for the Safe Communities Act to say loud
and clear: Immigrants are welcome in Massachusetts!

https://www.facebook.com/events/161828874425454/

SPONSORING ORGANIZATIONS:
Agencia Alpha
American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts
American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)
American Muslim Center
Anti-Defamation League
Brazilian Women’s Group
Brazilian Worker Center
Chelsea Collaborative
Chinese Progressive Association (CPA)
Fight for $15 MA
GreenRoots (in Chelsea, MA)
Haitian Americans United
La Comunidad
Latinos Unidos En Massachusetts (LUMA)
Interfaith Worker Justice (IWJ)
Jewish Alliance for Law and Social Action (JALSA)
Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston
Jobs with Justice (JwJ)
Latinos Unidos en MA (LUMA)
Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA)
Massachusetts Coalition of Domestic Workers
Massachusetts Communities Action Network (MCAN)
Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA)
Metrowest Worker Center (CASA)
Moishe Kavod Jewish Social Justice House
Neighbor to Neighbor Massachusetts
National Lawyers Guild-Mass Chapter
New England Jewish Labor Committee
Unitarian Universalist Mass Action Network
SEIU 509 (Service Employees International Union)
Student Immigrant Movement (SIM)
TPS Comité de MA
32BJ SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC)