[act-ma] April 25 - Community Growing: Efforts to Increase Multicultural Access to Food

Inst. of Near Eastern and African Studies ineas_1994 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:18:48 PDT 2018

The Institute of African and Asian Studies invites you to attend a presentation on

Community Growing: Youth Efforts to Increase Multicultural Access to Food.

The cultural relevancy of food options is an important factor in improving access to healthy food and health outcomes in our communities. By engaging local mentor farmers, Groundwork Someville grows multicultural crops that reflect the needs of our multicultural community. Green Team youth members will present their work growing and distributing crops using inter-generational and cross-cultural approach to urban farming, food access and cultural food connections.

Registration is required by April 23.  Donation: $5    Free for IAAS Members
For more details and registration: http://africanasianstudies.wixsite.com/iaas/news-and-events
Another way to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/community-growing-youth-efforts-to-increase-multicultural-access-to-food-tickets-44566311036

We remind you to
- bookmark IAAS blog<https://iaascambridge.wixsite.com/organicadventure> https://iaascambridge.wixsite.com/organicadventure  and website http://africanasianstudies.wixsite.com/iaas<http://africanasianstudies.wixsite.com/iaas> for African and Asian news, resources, educational videos, songs and events,
- subscribe to our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/INEAS.

Institute of African & Asian Studies (IAAS)
Cambridge, MA
Africanasianstudies.1994 at gmail.com