[act-ma] We Are Getting Close- A Special Appeal - Veterans For Peace and Supporters All Out- Memorial Day Monday May 28th and Tuesday May 29th War Economy Week On Boston Common Are Your Days To Shine In Support Of The Poor People’s Campaign

ALFRED JOHNSON alfredjohnson34 at comcast.net
Fri May 25 07:20:27 PDT 2018

We Are Getting Close- A Special Appeal - Veterans For Peace and Supporters All Out- Memorial Day Monday May 28th and Tuesday May 29th  War Economy Week On Boston Common Are Your Days To Shine In Support Of The Poor People’s Campaign

Veterans for Peace and The Poor People’s Campaign Wants You - All Out!

This e-mail sent is a special appeal for all Veterans For Peace and their supporters in the Boston and New England area to show up and support the activities on May 28th and May 29th on historic Boston Common for at least part of either day. Al Johnson for the Smedley Executive Committee

********

The Smedley Butler Brigade, Chapter 9, Veterans For Peace has been a proud co-sponsor of the Poor People’s Campaign now in the midst of a forty day campaign to highlight the plight of the poor and oppressed peoples and communities in the United States (and internationally). We have already had two weeks of Monday actions in Boston.

Week three, War Economy Week, is obviously our week to shine since it will highlight the connections between the bloated war economy, the endless wars and the attempts to privatize the Veteran Administration services all of which directly affect the lives of the poor and oppressed. This week, these associations, and the huge possible impact are what we have been looking for now for many years. Here is your chance to be to on the front line of the fight against the Military-Industrial Complex.

On Monday May 28th Memorial Day starting at noon on Boston Common members of Veterans for Peace, the Poor Peoples Campaign and their allies will conduct a day-long program centered on these issues.

We will have literature tables, and have a speakers’ platform to let various organizations and individuals give their perspectives on the war economy and what to do about it. During the afternoon we will also have our annual Memorial Day for Peace program. Since the State House will be closed that day for the holiday this week’s actions will be extended to a morning speak-out on the Common and a rally in front of the State House on Tuesday May 29th at 2 PM.

We need you since we have many tasks that need to be taken care of now and on those two important days.   So, attention please - use this e-mail to volunteer for any of the following: helping set up tents, canopies, flags, banners, tables, chairs, and supplies; act as peacekeepers and marshals; help set up sound system and stage; contact other veterans and veterans organizations; make up banners, and help keep the site clean and clean up after our actions are completed.

Please, if you are planning on attending the activities either day or wish to help out with tasks now or then e-mail Al Johnson at alfredjohnson34 at comcast.net mailto:alfredjohnson34 at comcast.net

Check our Facebook page and the Smedley Butler Brigade website for updates and other information during this coming week.