[act-ma] 7/04 11th Annual Anti-Imperialist Picnic

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Jun 29 05:53:15 PDT 2018

Are you sick of all those boring, jingoistic July Fourths you've
suffered through? Do the red, white, and blues bring you down? Left cold
by summertime glorifications of militarism and empire? But you still do
love grilling and relaxing with friends, don't you? Well then, the
Anti-Imperialist Picnic is for you! On July 4th at 12 Noon come on out
to the Allston/Brighton Charles riverside. It will be right next to the
canoe and kayak rental place.

People will meet up to have a picnic and NOT partake in the July 4th
spectacle. We meet on this day to say NO to the U.S. government's
imperial intentions, its war on working people worldwide, and its
exploitative economic system. We come together to show solidarity with
people who are fighting against capitalism, colonialism, imperialism,
racism, patriarchy, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and all other forms
of oppression!

Wed. July 4th   Noon to 4 PM

Meet Boston's Anti-Imperialist Activists
Celebrate Independence for All Peoples
Celebrate the Movement for World Peace

Near Charles River Park, Boston (Allston)
1175A Soldiers Field Rd, Boston, MA 02116

We always have two grills going. One for vegans and another for
conventional food.
Potluck, bring stuff to grill.
Please bring chairs and blankets.
Sunbathe, bring Frisbees, balls, etc.

We will be there early to stake out a picnic table and set up.
Look for our banners.

Please consider asking your organization to
endorse and bring food or beverages to share!

Directions: Head west on Soldiers Field Road. After the Eliot Bridge,
the Charles river will be on your right. Look for the first parking area
to pull off the road. We will be near the Kayak rental area.
If you are coming by public transportation, take bus 70 to Western Ave.
and Everett St. It's about a 10 minute walk. Go down Everett St and turn
right at Soldiers Field Road. It's about 1.3 miles from the Harvard
Square T stop.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1653106588121593/