[act-ma] 7/08 Building Mass Movements

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Mon Jul 2 15:33:09 PDT 2018

*Building Mass Movements*

The history of social progress for working people has been a history of
mass social movements. These social movements have struggled and
achieved real change and developed revolutionary potential in the
process. But how are they built and sustained, and how do they fail? The
government in Washington and their masters on Wall Street will continue
their generalized assault on youth and working people. And they will
continue to damage the world we live in unless we develop successful
strategies and tactics for fighting against them. That has always been
the challenge. Please join with the Boston May Day Coalition in a
discussion on Building Mass Movements! We will be taking up questions of
strategy and tactics in the Occupy Boston Movement, the 2006 General
Strike in Boston, the Poor Peoples’ Campaign, and other movements for
change. Please share your ideas, questions, and energy.

*Hear:*

*Rev. Vernon K Walker–* Associate Pastor, Barachah Church, Dorchester;
MA Poor Peoples Campaign

*John Harris* *–* Participated in the organization of the May 1, 2006
General Strike

*Sunday, July 8, 6:00 PM*

*Encuentro 5, **9A Hamilton Place, Boston, MA 02108 – Park Street T stop*

*Facebook.com/bostonmdc/
*

*http://www.bostonmayday.org/*

*MA Poor Peoples Campaign on Facebook