[act-ma] posting

Ellyn Ruthstrom ellyn at speakoutboston.org
Tue Aug 28 11:30:18 PDT 2018

*SpeakOUT Fall Speaker TrainingSaturday, September 22, 8:30am-6:00pmSuffolk
University, Bostonwww.SpeakOUTBoston.org
<http://www.speakoutboston.org/>Become a Voice for Change! Since 1972,
SpeakOUT has brought committed and enthusiastic LGBTQIA folks together in
empowering trainings to share our personal stories and to learn how to
engage with a variety of audiences. SpeakOUT is a community of speakers
working to create a world free of homo-bi-transphobia and other forms of
prejudice by telling the truths of our lives. Everyone has a story to tell
and sharing each other’s stories is part of the power of the SpeakOUT
training experience. The training prepares our volunteer speakers to
conduct informal, interactive speaking engagements in middle and high
schools, colleges, workplaces, faith communities, government agencies, and
other venues in the Greater Boston area and beyond. We speak from our
hearts. We speak from our own experiences. We speak to dispel stereotypes.
And we speak to let other members of the LGBTQIA community know they are
not alone. Cost: $75, $35 for seniors/students. Breakfast, lunch, beverages
and snacks included. Especially looking for people of color, transgender
and gender non-conforming speakers. Inquire about group rates (for 2 or
more from the same college or organization) and sliding scale at
info at speakoutboston.org <info at speakoutboston.org>. Pre-registration
required. For more information or to register, visit
bit.ly/FallTraining2018 <http://bit.ly/FallTraining2018> or email
info at SpeakOUTBoston.org.*