[act-ma] ❣SOS May 3, Boston: Demand Freedom for Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Wed Apr 17 19:25:57 PDT 2019

Hope to see you in Boston. *FORWARD WIDELY* please
Outside the British Consulate on 16 Saint James Avenue (in the Copley
Square area) from 3 pm. to 6 p.m. on Friday, May 3

Demand Freedom for Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning

  Demand Freedom for Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning

Right now, the United States has two political prisoners: Chelsea
Manning (the whistleblower) and the Julian Assange (the journalist).
After serving her time for leaking "Collateral Murder," and being
granted clemency by Barack Obama, she finds herself imprisoned once
again for refusing to testify against Julian Assange. She has recently
served 24 days in solitary confinement, which has been determined to be
a form of torture./*When does this end?*/

    It will only end when we stand up

May 3 is World Press Freedom Day of Action 2019
<https://becomeungovernable.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e74c3c4531b182d54e33cb4fa&id=f07ac872f3&e=a4a0390406>.
The sponsors of this event, originating in Australia, are asking
everyone to stand up for Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning on that day
(and every day), and we are asking everyone on our radar to take the
opportunity to organize in your area!

    Join us in Boston and organize in your area!

In Boston, we will stand outside the British Consulate on 16 Saint James
Avenue (in the Copley Square area) from 3 pm. to 6 p.m. on Friday, May
3. This is high traffic time, and that's what we want. Our job is to
demand freedom for both political prisoners. We will have flyers
explaining the value of WikiLeaks, the bravery of Chelsea Manning, and
the grave threat prosecuting them poses to freedom of the press
<https://becomeungovernable.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e74c3c4531b182d54e33cb4fa&id=63dca11a06&e=a4a0390406>
and our own free speech rights.

/*Please let us know as soon as possible if you will be organizing in
your area so that we can help you promote your event! We will help you
out with flyers, and will support your efforts whatever way we can. */

Consider this practice. We must be in this for the long haul. And this
fight will eventually wind up on the streets.

Thanks,

Deb

/Copyright © 2019 #BecomeUngovernable, All rights reserved./
**