[act-ma] Bikes Not Bombs needs Volunteers and Riders for June 9th Bike-A-Thon

Angela Phinney angela at bikesnotbombs.org
Thu May 9 14:13:04 PDT 2019

Bikes Not Bombs is in Jamaica Plain, and for 35 years we have used the
bicycle as a tool for social change, through our innovative youth
development programs and international partnerships. Our largest community
event and fundraiser each year is our Bike-A-Thon, with 700 riders and
volunteers raising $200,000 to support our local and international programs.

We need over 600 riders and 100 volunteers on Sunday, June 9th. Riders
select from 10, 30, 50 and 100 mile routes through greater Boston's scenic
roads. Volunteer tasks include setting up and breaking down the event,
parking bikes, distributing T-shirts and water bottles, greeting riders,
and prepping and serving food. Riders and volunteers will receive a free
T-shirt, a delicious lunch and a lot of gratitude. It is a fantastic, fun
community event.

Anyone interested in riding or volunteering should contact Angela Phinney
at angela at bikesnotbombs.org.

For more information about Bikes Not Bombs or to register for the
Bike-A-Thon, visit www.bikesnotbombs.org.

Thank you!

Angela Phinney
Director of Development
Bikes Not Bombs
284 Amory Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
main 617-522-0222 ext. 108  cell 617-519-6189  fax  617-522-0922
www.bikesnotbombs.org
angela at bikesnotbombs.org

Register to ride our 32nd Annual Bike-A-Thon on June 9th!
<https://secure.qgiv.com/event/bikeathon2019/>
Event Sponsorship opportunities are available!
<https://secure.qgiv.com/event/bikeathon2019/>