[act-ma] 4/14 SftP: Then & Now - Tuesday , 6:00pm

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun May 12 08:09:27 PDT 2019

A reminder:

Dear Boston-area SftP folks,

As we hope most of you have heard, on *Tuesday, May 14, 6:00-9:00 p.m*.
at MIT, we are having an event on the history of Science for the People,
including short presentations by members of the original organization
and a moderated Q&A/panel discussion.  This will be a chance to have
some intergenerational dialogue, think and talk about what’s different
and what’s the same about those times and now, and perhaps distill some
lessons for organizing from the experiences of the past.  More
information is in the flyer below.

*We recommend that people read the two attached historical
accounts* before the event.  One is by Herb Fox, who lived some of the
early history and plans to participate on May 14, and the other is by
leftist historian of science Sigrid Schmalzer and colleagues.

We plan to serve some vegetarian food (probably Middle Eastern),
although not a full dinner. *It is important to RSVP
<http://bit.ly/sftp-history> so that we’ll know how much food to buy.*

We hope to see you there! *Please spread the word* electronically and/or
by other means.  The flyer can be printed out.

In solidarity,

Yohan John, Tim LaRock, Abha Sur, Katherine Yih

*____*
*
*
*RSVP*: http://bit.ly/sftp-history