[act-ma] Fw: 5/19 @ 2pm: Remembering and Resisting: A Nakba Exhibit for 2019

Kevin Heaton kevwsc at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 20:58:27 PDT 2019

________________________________
From: Lana Habash <lanahabash2018 at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 10:12:18 PM
Subject: 5/19 @ 2pm: Remembering and Resisting: A Nakba Exhibit for 2019

Friends,

Please come out to support this commemoration of the 71st anniversary of the Nakba on Sunday 5/19 @ 2 PM, Downtown Crossing, organized by the Boston Palestine Solidarity Network.

Please forward widely and share on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2181556008841650/

In struggle,
Lana

Remembering and Resisting: A Nakba Exhibit for 2019

On Sunday, May 19 from 2 to 3:30 pm in Downtown Crossing in Boston, Palestinians and their allies will mark the 71st year of the Nakba, the catastrophic Israeli ethnic cleansing of Palestine.

In 1948, almost one million Palestinians were violently dispossessed of their homes and land by Zionist settler colonialists. The emerging Israeli state stripped Palestinians of their possessions and livelihood. Many Palestinians were expelled--or fled to neighboring areas--and have struggled to survive and return ever since. Those who managed to stay in their homes were subjected to Israeli rule and treated as third-class citizens.

Seventy-one years later, the Nakba continues, as our exhibit ‘Remembering and Resisting’ vividly illustrates. The exhibit will be the centerpiece of this Nakba commemoration. We will hold panels that illustrate the Palestinian experience of ethnic cleansing, dispossession, militarization, mass incarceration, the walls of separation, Israeli racism, the repression of expression and protest, siege and ongoing resistance.

This exhibit has been designed as an ‘each one, teach one’ public education tool that will inform Bostonians about the many and varied ways in which Palestinians have encountered and continue to resist Israel’s ongoing ethnic cleansing of their land.

We invite you to join us in wearing black during this time of mourning, education, and reflection.