[act-ma] Peace on Earth, Peace in Space: A Rally against Raytheon at the JFK Space Summit

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Wed Jun 5 14:02:21 PDT 2019

http://masspeaceaction.org/event/raytheon-jfk-space-summit/

Peace on Earth, Peace in Space: A Rally against Raytheon at the JFK Space
Summit
Wednesday, June 19 @ 4:15 pm - 6:30 pm ~ JFK Library, Columbia Point
(shuttle from JFK Station)
[image: Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems]
Join us in protesting War Profiteers at the JFK Space SummitWednesday, June
19
4:15pm to 6:30pm
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum
Columbia Point next to UMASS Boston Campus on Boston Harbor (shuttle from
JFK station on red line; limited paid parking on campus)

*In President Kennedy’s vision Space for Peace or for War?*
*So why are Raytheon, Boeing, and Draper Labs sponsoring this celebration?*

Raytheon technology is playing a major role in militarizing space and
turning space into still another base from which the President can launch
war.

*Meanwhile here on Earth:*
-Raytheon and Boeing are selling bombs and other weapons to Saudi Arabia
and the UAE. The Saudis and UAE are using these weapons to turn Yemen into
a living hell.
-The Trump Administration and the Saudis are threatening war against Iran.
If there is war, Raytheon and Boeing weapons will play a major role.
Raytheon’s Tomahawk missiles will be used to initiate it.
-Draper Labs and Raytheon are major contractors for nuclear weapons. They
will play a major role in the President’s $1.7 billion plan for new and
upgraded nuclear weapons.

*Is Raytheon’s sponsorship of this celebration consistent with President
Kennedy’s vision of world peace about which he spoke at American University
during the last months of his life?*

“I have, therefore, chosen this time and this place to discuss a topic on
which ignorance too often abounds and the truth is too rarely perceived–yet
it is the most important topic on Earth: world peace.

What kind of peace do I mean? What kind of peace do we seek? Not a Pax
Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war. Not the peace
of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine
peace, the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living, the kind
that enables men and nations to grow and to hope and to build a better life
for their children–not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and
women–not merely peace in our time but peace for all time…..

……So, let us not be blind to our differences–but let us also direct
attention to our common interests and to the means by which those
differences can be resolved. And if we cannot end now our differences, at
least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final
analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small
planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children’s future.
And we are all mortal.”

Sponsored by the Raytheon Antiwar Campaign
<http://masspeaceaction.org/raytheon-antiwar/> - Join us!

--
*"Not one step back"*

Cole Harrison
Executive Director
Massachusetts Peace Action - the Commonwealth's largest grassroots peace
organization
11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138
617-354-2169 w
617-466-9274 m