[act-ma] Fwd: They Knew: Speak-out against MIT-Epstein Scandal!

Ryan Costello ryanvcostello at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 13:56:16 PDT 2019

CW: child abuse, sex-trafficking.
They Knew: Speak-out against MIT-Epstein Scandal!
<https://www.facebook.com/events/687098025098336/>
When: Friday 4:00pm
Where: Stratton Student Center, 84 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA.

Top MIT officials covered up Epstein’s donations to the Institute. MIT
Professors and officials visited him in prison, flew on his “Lolita
Express,” invited him to campus, and gave him awards. MIT CANNOT be trusted
to investigate itself through an “independent” law firm that they
themselves hire and that reports to the MIT Corporation. WE, students,
staff, faculty, and Boston-area community members MUST hold MIT accountable
for this!!

Accepting money linked to Jeffrey Epstein wasn’t just disgusting and
immoral. It violated MIT’s own donor policies. Any senior administrators
who knew about these donations must resign immediately.

But individual resignations aren’t enough. The Epstein scandal demonstrates
a rot at the heart of the Media Lab
<https://slate.com/technology/2019/09/mit-media-lab-jeffrey-epstein-joi-ito-moral-rot.html>
and
MIT as a whole. It gets at more profound issues regarding how MIT finances
its activities and who it partners with to perform research. We demand an
end to dark money. We demand an end to the pernicious influence that
multimillionaire pedophiles, genocidal crown princes, billionaire climate
change deniers, and giant corporations profiting from wars, deportations,
and concentration camps at the border hold over MIT and academia generally.
We demand student, employee, and community control of MIT’s finances. Make
your voices heard!

Attached you can find a printable flier and a printable pamphlet containing
a timeline with cited information about Epstein and his involvement with
MIT. Here is also
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q6fLyPStGJIBRYMZAviI47UJbgyKn86uOdCCndDMueQ/edit>a
google document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q6fLyPStGJIBRYMZAviI47UJbgyKn86uOdCCndDMueQ/edit>
with
more links for further reading. Distribute widely!