[act-ma] 9/20 This Friday could be the largest day of climate action in history

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Wed Sep 18 15:05:44 PDT 2019

This Friday could be the largest day of climate action in history. See
you there!
Join a #ClimateStrike on Friday — and activities around the Week of
Action — to show what people power can do.
ACT NOW

In just two days, hundreds of thousands — likely millions — of people
around the world will strike for the climate. We hope you’ll be joining
this massive, historic action.
Join the #ClimateStrike this Friday by signing up for an event in your
area — and spread the word far and wide.
Globally, over 5,000 actions have been registered across 139 countries,
with over 1,000 of them here in the United States. The #ClimateStrike
movement has aligned around bold and inspirational demands, with clear
calls to phase out extraction with a just and equitable transition to
100% renewable energy for all, respect Indigenous land and sovereignty,
prioritize environmental justice, protect biodiversity, and invest in
regenerative and sustainable agriculture.
Bring along your friends, family, and colleagues with you and be a part
of this amazing moment. The climate strike is on track to be the largest
day of climate action in the history of the planet, and we hope you have
a plan to join in-person or online.
In addition to joining the strikes, here are some more ways you can get
involved:
     Share the news about the #ClimateStrike on Facebook, Twitter, and
by email.
     Follow along with climate strike actions on social media and share
using the hashtags #StrikeWithUs and #ClimateStrike. You can even update
your Facebook profile picture using the #StrikeWithUs frame.
Together we’re demanding urgent, transformative action to address the
climate crisis, and we’re raising our voices to usher in a new era of
just, bold, and equitable climate action. And this week’s #ClimateStrike
actions are just the beginning — we’ll be following up with a powerful
#ClimateStrike Week of Action featuring targeted actions against fossil
fuel infrastructure and much more.
One more time: Sign up to join a #ClimateStrike event in your area!

See you in the streets,
Collin Rees
Senior Campaigner
Oil Change U.S.

MORE INFORMATION:

"September 20 US Youth Climate Strike Coalition Demands
<https://act.priceofoil.org/go/8123?t=9&akid=27030%2E160833%2EchjpR9>,"
US Youth Climate Strike Coalition, 09-2019

"Greta Thunberg is leading kids and adults from 150 countries in a
massive Friday climate strike
<https://act.priceofoil.org/go/8124?t=10&akid=27030%2E160833%2EchjpR9>,"
/Vox/, 09-17-2019

*At Oil Change U.S., we believe in people power.* Together, we kick
fossil fuel money out of politics, keep fossil fuels in the ground, and
build political support for real climate leadership. *Click here to
donate. <https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ocusa_web?refcode=wrpr>*
/Oil Change U.S. is a 501(c)(4) organization./

Follow us on social media:
Like us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/oilchangeus>Follow us on
Twitter <https://twitter.com/oilchangeus>