[act-ma] (10/8) Climate Protest at Liberty Mutual HQ in Back Bay @ 11:45AM (Tues)

E.S. Sulakshana sulakshana at ran.org
Sat Oct 5 07:16:01 PDT 2019

Hey folks,

Over the last few weeks, millions of people marched and rallied for bold
and equitable climate action. Here in Massachusetts, we flooded the
statehouse and the seaport. Now it’s time to take on another climate
villain in our backyard: Liberty Mutual.

*What does insurance have to do with climate change? *Insurers like Liberty
Mutual are making the climate crisis worse
<https://www.ran.org/the-understory/liberty-mutual/> by insuring and
investing in fossil fuels. These same companies can single-handedly stop
new coal plants, tar sands pipelines and oil wells by simply refusing to
insure them. Under pressure from the climate movement, 16 of the biggest
insurers have already pledged not to provide insurance for coal, but
Boston-based insurance giant Liberty Mutual will not even speak up publicly
about climate change. We're taking action to change that.

*Join Rainforest Action Network, Mothers Out Front, 350 Mass, and MA Sierra
Club in Boston next week for the launch of a new campaign on Liberty
Mutual! <https://www.facebook.com/events/2361693850596554/>*

   - *When:* Tuesday, October 8 from 11:45AM - 12:45PM
   - *Where:* Liberty Mutual’s HQ at 157 Berkeley Street (Back Bay, Boston)
   - *What:* We'll gather outside Liberty Mutual’s headquarters to tell the
   company: stop insuring dirty energy. We’ll be holding banners and signs at
   the doorstep of the company, as well as handing out a survey to Liberty
   Mutual employees to get their take on Liberty Mutual’s role driving the
   climate crisis. Find out more and RSVP here
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/2361693850596554/>.
   - *For more info: *Reach out to me (Sulakshana) at sulakshana at ran.org or
   703-589-0040.

Can't make it to the action next Tuesday, but want to learn more about the
campaign and how you can take on Liberty Mutual? Don't hesitate to reach
out to me, or fill out this quick form to get involved
<https://forms.gle/uPoVQrzbCGdQQFh19>!

In solidarity,
Sulakshana

--