[act-ma] Support E5 at Dinner 5 for e5.

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Nov 9 06:08:52 PST 2019

  Five for e5 Dinner

        Friday, Nov 15, Old South Church, 7:00 p.m.

Join us on Friday evening, November 15, 2019, at the Old South Church
(Mary Norton Room) 7:00 p.m., to honor five of Boston's changemakers! We
will also celebrate our late friend and comrade
<https://encuentro5.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=53fe7b10944568ab8724330ae&id=9caeffff40&e=49fba87355>,
*Cristina Martinez*, a grassroots activist, sociologist, and theorist.
This year's honorees will be announced on November 1 (there is still
time to send in your suggestions <mailto:info at encuentro5.org>). Past
honorees include Patrick Bond, Banijeneh "Op" Browne, Avi Chomsky, Lily
Huang, Robin Jacks, Dorotea Manuela, Sergio Reyes, Karen Schneiderman,
Paul Shannon, and Aaron Tanaka.

In this moment of urgent global concern, national political turmoil, and
grave local inequalities, institutions like /encuentro5 - /anchoring
organizations for grassroots politics and mobilization are too easily
taken for granted. But we keep our doors open for grassroots
organizations, especially over the last couple of years groups like XR -
Extinction Rebellion, the Sunrise Movement, and a broad range of
pro-immigrant and antiwar forces.

In honoring our five nominees, you will be supporting them, the work
that both they and e5 do, and the movements operating out of our space.

Dinner costs (sliding scale): $50.00, $25.00, and $15.00; Cost per
table (8 seats) $360 (10% discount)
<https://encuentro5.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=53fe7b10944568ab8724330ae&id=72e868213c&e=49fba87355> Book
your tickets here. Please contact us directly with any questions or
additional concerns.
<https://encuentro5.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=53fe7b10944568ab8724330ae&id=f623d48d73&e=49fba87355>

fraternité. Sandra Harris sharris at tecschange.org
<mailto:sharris at tecschange.org> 617-230-9332.