[act-ma] Radio and Podcast Info on Act-MA

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun Mar 22 10:33:21 PDT 2020

Act-MA's website has tried in the past to promote alternative local
radio shows.  Unfortunately the college radio stations the shows were on
have mostly closed down and these shows are not on the air.

There are still a number of ways to get access to interesting shows and
podcasts.

Truth and Justice Radio show <http://truthandjusticeradio.org/>has a
list of some of the sources they replay on their show.   They will be
putting additional recommendations up soon.

One of their regular features This Week In Palestine
<https://archive.org/search.php?query=sherif%20fam%20AND%20mediatype%3Aaudio%20AND%20collection%3Aopensource_audio&sort=-date>
prepared a show for today (Mar. 22nd) that is available on their archive.

Radio 4 All <http://radio4all.net/> is the source for some of these
shows as well as a diverse collection of many shows from around the country.

There are many other interesting choices available.

A couple of suggestions to start

Work Week Radio <https://soundcloud.com/workweek-radio> (San Francisco)
has interesting timely labor and union oriented material.

YouTube has a number of interesting shows and podcasts available.

Richard Wolff <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSDkqeu0G2o&t=3025s> is
just one example.

Lee Camp <https://www.youtube.com/user/redactedtonight> and Jimmy Dore
<https://www.youtube.com/user/TYTComedy> are other commodity options.

This is only an attempt to open up this topic of conversation. Please
reply with you own suggestions.   We need to figure out how to collect
these on a webpage.

We are specifically looking for  podcasts covering local issues from a
radical perspective.

Charlie Welch

for Act-MA