[act-ma] 2/17 - NO More $$$ for War Day

Boston Troops Out Now Coalition iacboston at iacboston.org
Thu Feb 15 04:47:14 PST 2007

Sat. Feb. 17

NO More $$$ for War Day

On February 17 people in cities across the country will take to the
streets to demand that Congress vote to stop funding the wars in Iraq
and Afghanistan. In Boston and surrounding communities activists will
come together on Saturday, Feb. 17 for a mobile speakout against the
war. We will gather at 11:00am at the Action Center, 284 Amory St. (the
Brewery), Jamaica Plain and then take to the streets in a car caravan
lead by a sound truck to speakout against the war and hand out flyers
and stickers for March 17.

This week Bush asked Congress for another $245 billion to continue the
brutal, illegal war and occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan. The U.S.
government has already spent over $360 billion of our tax money on this
war. How will Bush pay for this escalation? By stealing the money from
Medicare and other social programs. This is money that belongs to our
communities! This is money that is needed for jobs, AIDS, housing,
healthcare and education. It's time to defund the Pentagon.

Demand that Congress votes NO! to more war funds
$$$ for Jobs - AIDS - Housing - Healthcare - Education - Not War!
End the Occupation - Bring the Troops Home Now!

For more information, to endorse or to find/organize an activity in your
area: http://www.votenowarfunding.org

Troops Out Now Coalition

Boston:
617-522-6626