[act-ma] 3/11 Nancy Murray, Mass. ACLU on civil liberties in this country

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun Mar 11 11:22:02 PDT 2007

Posted for Newton Dialogues
 **

*Please join us for our monthly meeting this coming Sunday, March 11, at
7:30 P.M * .

Nancy Murray from the Massachusetts ACLU will address the challenges
facing civil liberties in this country. The USA Patriot Act and the 2006
Military Commissions Act undermine our basic right to be publicly
charged and brought to trial. The Muslim men languishing for years in
solitary confinement at Guantanamo and elsewhere may be guilty of a
crime or not. We cannot know if they are not brought to trial. If anyone
can be thrown into a black hole for years without charges, so can we.

* RECLAIMING OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES *

*/ Nancy Murray /**/ of the /**/Mass./**/ ACLU/*

*/  /
How can we get them back? *

*
SUNDAY, MARCH 11, **7:30 P.M.** *

* Eliot ** **Church**, **474 Centre Street**, **Newton** Corner*

Be sure to check our web site at http://www.newtondialogues.org for the latest announcements of events, plus articles, speeches, and more...