[act-ma] 4/28: Mass Peace Action Celebrates 50 Years of Working for Peace

Susanna M. Porte susannaporte at excite.com
Tue Apr 24 07:33:23 PDT 2007

Please join us for PEACEMAKERS ACROSS THE DECADES, a celebration to commemorate Massachusetts Peace Action's 50th anniversary.

Massachusetts Peace Action is a grassroots organization working for the sustained political power to attain a progressive foreign policy, an end to the arms trade, abolition of nuclear weapons, and an economy that meets human and environmental needs rather than military objectives. We are a non-profit affiliate of Peace Action, the largest grassroots peace and justice organization in the United States.

On Saturday, April 28, 2007, from 4 to 7 pm, at First Church Unitarian in Belmont (404 Concord Avenue), we will honor several local peace and justice activists and feature live performances by The Cello Chix, Jimmy Tingle, and The Foundation Movement.  Refreshments will be served.  Suggested donation $15-50.  For more information or to reserve your space, email members at masspeaceaction.org or call 617-354-2169.

http://www.masspeaceaction.org

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com