[act-ma] 5/9 Progressive Jewish Sunday School - Open House

Lauren Herman lauren at workmenscircleboston.org
Wed Apr 25 09:14:13 PDT 2007

"Workmen's Circle Shule (Sunday School) - Open House"

A secular progressive Jewish educational program and community

Wednesday May 9th

6:30-8:30 pm

at the Workmen's Circle, 1762 Beacon St., Brookline.

Interested in learning more about our secular progressive Sunday school?
Please join the Workmen's Circle Sunday School Education Director, teachers,
and parent leaders Wednesday May 9th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm for our Shule (Sunday
School) Open House.  Our educational program provides children in grades 1
through 7 with Jewish cultural literacy, rooted in a commitment to freedom
and justice.  The curriculum emphasizes Jewish history, culture and
traditions that shape our identity and values.  A brief presentation and
tour will be followed by refreshments and ample time for questions to give
you an introduction to the curriculum and the community.

The Workmen's Circle is a membership-based progressive Jewish community and
cultural center.  Our growing community offers a full range of educational,
cultural and social justice programming, including secular holiday
observances, adult education courses, community chorus, Yiddish language
classes, klezmer jam, coffeehouse and more.

The Open House will be Wednesday May 9th from 6:30-8:30 pm at the Workmen's
Circle, 1762 Beacon St., Brookline.  For more information or to rsvp for
childcare please contact the office at 617.566.6281 or
circle at workmenscircleboston.org.

Lauren W. Herman

Membership and Program Director

Workmen's Circle