[act-ma] Wed 5/9 4:30pm Social Justice Education dialogue

brgynn at aol.com brgynn at aol.com
Mon May 7 16:45:37 PDT 2007

The Social Justice Education Institute presents...

"Each One, Reach One, Teach One", a dynamic dialogue for teachers, educators, youth workers, organizers, and young people about what we can do -- and are doing -- to strengthen social justice education throughout Boston.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007
4:30-6:30pm
Simmons College
Faculty Dining Hall

Educators, teachers, youth workers, organizers... anyone who works with youth is invited to attend. RSVP with Saida Agostini at 617.822.3075 x16 or saida at thecityschool.org

"Each One, Reach One, Teach One" is the first in a series of dialogues to launch the new Social Justice Education Institute, a 15-hour training to build transformative communities and learn strategies to inspire the youth we work with to take leadership in the classroom and beyond.

We thank Simmons College and Leslie University for co-hosting this event with The City School.

www.thecityschool.org  The City School is a dynamic youth leadership and social change organization in Dorchester, Massachusetts.  We develop the power of youth to build a just society through: creative education and critical thinking; leadership development; action and service; and promoting understanding and relationships across difference.  Founded in 1995, The City School operates after-school, weekend and summer programs that teach youth leadership, build community and develop vision.