[act-ma] FW: 5/11 "New Voices of Opposition to the War, " Jamaica Plain (Friday 7:30p)

David Goodman david at ibisradio.org
Mon May 7 19:17:15 PDT 2007

"MILITARY VOICES IN OPPOSITION TO THE WAR"
Friday, May 11th at 7:30pm, First Church Sanctuary
An evening with Nancy Lessin, Charlie Richarson and Liam Madden

The First Church Jamaica Plain Forum presents troop-withdrawal
advocates Liam Madden of the Appeal for Redress and local heroes Nancy
Lessin and Charlie Richardson, of Military Families Speak Out.   Our
speakers will present a brief history and analysis of the current war
in Iraq and describe their personal stake in the movement to oppose US
military involvement.  Discussion will focus on strategies to support
existing troops while working to end the war.

For more information or to contact us, check out:
http://www.jamaicaplainforum.org

Event Details:
First Church of Jamaica Plain Unitarian Universalist
6 Eliot St.
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts,  01230
Admission is free, although donations will be accepted
This event is accessible

MORE ABOUT THE JAMAICA PLAIN FORUM
The Jamaica Plain Forum is JP''s new community-based conversation and
lecture series.

Hosted by The First Church in Jamaica Plain Unitarian Universalist and
the Institute for Policy Studies, the Jamaica Plain Forum is a venue
for timely discussion on the great issues of our day.

Speakers for the Jamaica Plain Forum include people from the Jamaica
Plain community who are involved in dynamic and stimulating work near
and far, as well as regional and national authors, activists, artists
and thinkers.

Everyone is welcome to attend the Jamaica Plain Forum. All activities
follow the principles of tolerance, respectfulness and inclusiveness.

Most events will be held at First Church (across from the Monument).
All Jamaica Plain Forum activities are wheelchair accessible.
Although no fee is required for attendance, donations will contribute
to building-use fees and Forum expenses.

Learn more about our upcoming events and sign-up for event reminders
at http://www.jamaicaplainforum.org