[act-ma] July 4th 2007--PHILADELPHIA EMERGENCY ANTI-WAR CONVENTION

Allan Rubin a_rubin at comcast.net
Thu Jun 21 12:35:49 PDT 2007

     Dear Friends,

     Please join us in Philadelphia to answer Cindy Sheehan's call for an
     emergency meeting --to build bridges between various segments of the
     anti empire community and to explore what to do next.  What we have
     been doing has not worked. We must find and effective strategy!

     Please contact me if you are planning to go and would like to
     coordinate transportation, etc.

     Attached are the flyers. Please help us publicize this important
     event!

     Please forward this message widely.

     --Allan

                    =======================================

                               Please come to the

                             PHILADELPHIA EMERGENCY
                              ANTI-WAR CONVENTION

                                  JULY 4, 2007

        This convention was originally called forth by Cindy Sheehan as a
      response to the betrayal of the antiwar cause by Congress. Cindy gave
                                   a call to:

     “all citizens
 to join us in Philadelphia on July 4th to try and
     figure a way out of this "two" party system that is bought and paid
     for by the war machine which has a stranglehold on every aspect of our
     lives. As for myself, I am leaving the Democratic Party. You have
     completely failed those who put you in power to change the direction
     our country is heading. We do not condone our government's violent
     meddling in sovereign countries and we condemn the continued murderous
     occupation of Iraq.”

 We are convening to explore what to do next?  What are we missing, and what can
   we do better? How do we release the war machine's stranglehold around us?

In the living tradition of the Declaration of Independence, we convene to form a
 strategic alliance with anti-war, pro-impeachment, civil liberties, 911 Truth,
  and other groups to develop a comprehensive strategy and implement actions to
                           deal with this emergency.

Join us to deliberate with a wide variety of groups to create viable solutions.

                                   Sponsors:
     Peace Action-Delaware Valley, Philadelphia Regional Anti-War Network,
                  Northeast 9/11 Truth, Green Party of Vermont

                                    Location:
                   Independence Visitor Center, 6th & Market,
                                         Philadelphia, PA

                                     Time:
                             1:00-9:00 pm, July 4th

                             For more information: