[act-ma] 9/06 UP film screening: "Gaza Strip"

PF Soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Fri Aug 31 09:14:56 PDT 2007

Showing Thursday, Sept 6th, in Cambridge

*When/where*
7 pm
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor, entrance on
Windsor

*Gaza Strip*
74 minutes

Gaza Strip follows a range of people and events following the election
of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, including the first major armed
incursion into "Area A" by IDF forces during this intifada. The film is
filmed almost entirely in a verite style, presented without narration
and with little explanation, focusing on ordinary Palestinians rather
than politicians and pundits. More observation than political argument,
Gaza Strip offers a rare look inside the stark realities of Palestinian
life and death under Israeli military occupation.

Reviews
"This documentary is vastly revealing ... and it's bigger than a summer
blockbuster, more important than all our movie stars or the academy
awards ..."
- StaticMultimedia.com

"... well-made and harrowing documentary ... you can understand my
desperate desire not to believe what I was seeing."
- Jordan Hiller, www.bangitout.com

"... offering sequences that could rival Bunuel or Fellini ... one of
the most important documentaries of recent times."
- Phil Hall, Film Threat

*Please join us* for a stimulating night out; bring your friends! Free
film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

Come, bring your friends and neighbors, enjoy a good discussion after
the film