[act-ma] Human Rights in Burma: "Total Denial" Film Screening and Panel Discussion

kelly turley kellyturley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:46:26 PDT 2007

*Human Rights in Burma: "Total Denial" Film Screening and Panel Discussion*

Amnesty International Local Group 133 of Somerville will be continuing our
film series this
Tuesday night, with a not-to-be-missed event at Harvard University. At
7 p.m. at the Kennedy School of Government, we will be screening
"Total Denial" (www.totaldenialfilm.com).

Please join us for this powerful documentary about the
Doe v. Unocal case. The case, brought by a group of Burmese villagers
and EarthRights International against the Unocal oil company, used the
Alien Tort Claims Act to challenge the severe human rights abuses
committed during Unocal's collaboration with the Burmese government
while building a new oil pipeline.

We are very fortunate to have an *amazing* panel scheduled to speak
after the screening:

Aye Aye San, Human Rights Activist/Former Political Prisoner from
Burma

Mark McDowell, Canadian Diplomat to Burma, Thailand, and Laos, 2003-
2007

Shanti Maung, Student Activist, Harvard Burma Action Group

Tyler Giannini, Co-founder, EarthRights International/ Clinical
Director, Harvard Law School Human Rights Program

*Event Details:
*Tuesday, November 6th, 7-9:30 p.m.
Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government
Wiener Auditorium, Taubman Building, Ground Floor
79 JFK Street, Cambridge, MA

Please contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to receive
a copy of the event flyer. We hope to see you and your friends on Tuesday!

Peace,
Kelly Turley
kellyturley at gmail.com