[act-ma] 11/25: Villianous Minority (a play by John O'Brien)

Commchurch.org info at commchurch.org
Tue Nov 20 12:11:09 PST 2007

THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF BOSTON
SUNDAY SPEAKERS FORUM presents...

Sunday, November 25, 2007 at 11:00am

A Play by JOHN O'BRIEN
"Villianous Minority"

A rich man and his wife visit a third-world country, witnessing extreme
poverty. Should they draw the shades and ignore what they've seen? The wife
doesn't think so. Once again, CCB member John O'Brien blends his humorous,
wise-cracking dialogue with a provocative question: can the rich help the
poor? This three-character play will be performed as a reading by Jason
Taylor & company (The Theatre of Relativity).
John O'Brien has been lifting hearts for years with his unique brand of
theater. Though there was always the risk of his puns stretching language to
its very limits, one could also count on some roars of laughter. Most
importantly, each play contained the pithy examination of an ethical
dilemma.

Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St. (Copley Square)
www.commchurch.org

*************

JOIN US ON SUNDAYS

10:00am Coffee, Tea and Bagels
11:00am Sunday Speakers' Service/Forum (2nd floor)
11:00am Justice School for children and youth (3rd floor)
12:30pm Luncheon
5:00pm Growing Faith, Strengthening Community (with potluck supper)

*************

NEXT WEEK'S COMMUNITY CHURCH FORUM (12/2)

Annual Sacco-Vanzetti Award for Social Justice

CHUCK TURNER
"Where Do We Go From Here?: Strategies for the 21st Century"

(also including guest speakers Mel King, Jean McGuire, Felix Arroyo, Kerrick
Johnson, and more!)

*************

THE JUSTICE SCHOOL -- FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH!

The Justice School is a new social justice program for children and youth on
Sundays at 11:00am at Community Church.  Director JooYoung Choi has
developed a terrific curriculum to teach and learn from young people about
social justice and how to live it. The program is free and you may enroll
your child at any time during the year. We invited you to visit the Justice
School one Sunday to see what it's about, or go to
http://www.thejusticeschool.org for more details.

Contact JooYoung at jooyoung at commchurch.org or 617.266.6710 if you want to
receive Justice School updates, or for any questions you may have.

*************

GROWING FAITH, STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY

Evening Service at 5:00pm
Sundays at the Community Church of Boston

This week's topic: Thanks "giving"

Community Church of Boston's 5:00pm service and potluck dinner. The
intention of the  evening service is to bring together intergenerational
community to search, reflect, sing, and build community.  You are all
invited to bring your favorite dish or snack to share after the service. ALL
are welcome!  Call or email Jason Lydon, Congregational Director, if you
have any questions.  617.266.6710 or email: congregationaldirector at gmail.com

*************

LUNCH ON SUNDAYS, 12:30PM

On Sunday after our morning programs, we have lunch with one another in the
Guatemala Room (3rd floor), prepared by our cook Luis Alonso Guzman.  Enjoy
a delicious lunch with friends!  A small contribution is requested to help
cover lunch expenses.

*************

DIRECTIONS/PARKING

The Community Church is located at 565 Boylston Street in Copley Square,
between Dartmouth and Clarendon Streets.

Parking is available on Sunday mornings at the Back Bay Garage (entrances on
Clarendon Street or St. James Ave.). We can provide a sticker to affix to
your parking receipt, and you will be charged $5.00 for 3 hours of parking.

By public transportation, take the Green line to Copley or take the Orange
line to Back Bay station. Community Church is a 2-minute walk from either
station.

*************

A PEACE AND JUSTICE CONGREGATION SINCE 1920

The Community Church of Boston is a free community of human beings united
for the study and practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical
ideals to individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle to
all forms of social and economic life.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US

Jason Lydon, Congregational Director
Community Church of Boston