[act-ma] 12/10 First Night against the War planning meeting

Stop the Wars Coalition info at stopthewars.org
Sun Dec 9 08:56:25 PST 2007

Dear Anti-War Activists--

Over the last few years Stop the Wars and other organizations
have had a presence at First Night,  with a table with literature,
food, and handing out 4000 antiwar stickers to people passing by--
These people wearing stickers calling for an end to the
war are then walking billboards for the rest of the crowd
to see for the rest of the evening, and we judged the action
to be quite a success.

This year, we had the vision of sharing this occassion with many
peace groups, and having many tables at various
points in the parade route, with each table handing out stickers
that we will make, and at the same time publicizing their own
group with their own literature and sign up sheets. With
so many people attending First Night, it is a golden outreach
opportunity!

We are hoping that your group will participate, and have a
table at First Night. If you'd like you are encouraged to
come to our next planning meeting, Monday December 9,
6:30, Encuentro 5, 33 Harrison, fifth floor, Chinatown. Your
input would be much appreciated as we plan what the sticker
should say this year, and other ways that we might be able
to encourage interaction with the crowd.

Can you come?

If you are interested in participating but won't be able to
attend this meeting, please send email and let me know and I'll
pass the word along to the planning group and keep you informed
as the planning goes forward--

(please pass on to other groups you know about)

Cheers to all,
Amy Hendrickson

Contact
amyh at texnology.com or info at stopthewars.org