[act-ma] Ron Paul endorsement and Boston Tea Party weekend

DougFuda at aol.com DougFuda at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 03:40:50 PST 2007

Hello, everyone.

This is kind of a long email with many links, but there's a lot going  on so
I hope you'll bear with me.

First of all, I am writing to announce that the Boston Chapter of Antiwar
League has decided to endorse Ron Paul to be the Republican nominee for
President. The Antiwar League is about building bridges between left and right  in
order to create a more formidable antiwar movement that can advocate for  an
American policy of peace and non-intervention and an end to empire.  We are
excited that Congressman Paul, a conservative/libertarian  Presidential candidate,
is calling for such a policy while advocating  specific measures to bring home
all American troops from Iraq, to close all the  bases around the world, to
end military aid to all foreign  governments, and to demand a new investigation
of the events of September 11 (  _Muckraker Report_
(http://www.muckrakerreport.com/id447.html)  ).

In addition Dr. Paul has called for the abolition of the CIA, one of the  key
points in the _Antiwar  League platform_
(http://www.antiwarleague.com/_mgxroot/page_10658.html#platform) , the importance of which is brought out again by
recent  events such as the destruction of the torture tapes. Check out this
YouTube  from the Bill Maher show:

_http://www.reason.com/blog/show/119422.html_
(http://www.reason.com/blog/show/119422.html)

We highly recommend the following articles for our many  left/progressive
antiwar friends in the Boston area:

_http://www.counterpunch.org/volatile12102007.html_
(http://www.counterpunch.org/volatile12102007.html)

_http://www.counterpunch.org/whitney11092007.html_
(http://www.counterpunch.org/whitney11092007.html)

Here's what John Walsh recently said in a _CounterPunch article:_
(http://www.counterpunch.org/walsh12042007.html)

"But should Paul win the Republican  nomination, then an entirely new dynamic
will emerge and the Republicans will be  returned to their paleoconservative,
libertarian roots, emerging as the antiwar  party as they were before World
War I."

If Ron Paul were to win the Republican nomination and stick to his antiwar
principles that would be a political tsunami of the greatest magnitude. We want
 to do what we can to help make it happen.

______

The second purpose of this email is to encourage all members and  friends of
Antiwar League in the Boston area to attend and participate in all  the
important Tea Party Events that are occurring this weekend. Go and listen  and
decide for yourselves but don't ignore what's going on.

There are two major programs that are completely organizationally  separate
but they should be of major interest to all antiwar folks everywhere.

*****************

One series of events (Saturday and Sunday) focuses on September 11 and  calls
for a new investigation:

_Boston 9/11 Truth _ (http://boston911truth.org/teaparty/index.php)

_http://boston911truth.org/teaparty/schedule07.php_
(http://boston911truth.org/teaparty/schedule07.php)

Cindy Sheehan and Ray McGovern are participating among many others.

*****************

The other program is a march and Freedom Rally (on Sunday) to support  Ron
Paul for President:

_http://www.freedomrally12-16.org/_ (http://www.freedomrally12-16.org/)

_http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/calendar/6622547/_
(http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/calendar/6622547/)

Rand Paul ( Ron Paul's son ) and Jacob Hornberger are on the list of
speakers. The goal is also to make December 16 the largest one day political
donation event in history. Click this link to pledge money to support the Ron  Paul
campaign.

_http://www.teaparty07.com/_ (http://www.teaparty07.com/)

Hope to see you this weekend.

Doug