[act-ma] Mass Alliance of HUD Tenants Reschedules its Holiday Party to December 18th

Kay Mathew kaymathew at juno.com
Fri Dec 14 09:49:49 PST 2007

Mass Alliance of HUD Tenants  42 Seaverns Avenue  Jamaica Plain, MA  02130  617.267.2949  www.saveourhomes.org

The Mass Alliance of HUD Tenants' (MAHT)
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Holiday Party has been rescheduled to
Tuesday December 18th
 at:

Susan Bailis House
352 Massachusetts Avenue in the Fenway
from 5:30 to 8:00 pm on Tuesday, December 18th.

Tickets are $25 at the door.  Call 617.267.2949 to RSVP.

Come celebrate important tenant victories of the past year and help make sure that tenants’ voices are heard in the struggle to win full funding and new policies that will Save Our Homes.

A lovely night of dinner, open beer and wine bar, camaraderie, and amazing piano, violin, flute and vocal music by HUD tenants and friends. Plus a singalong.  Also - Join us that evening - Tuesday December 18th - to honor some Very Dedicated and Amazing Attorneys!

Jonathan Klein (Klein Hornig)
for his outstanding work helping ROXSE Tenants Council fight
corrupt management and win resident controlled ownership.

Dick Allen (Casner & Edwards)
for his work to preserve RAP UP II B as Section 8 housing and
his donation of legal fees to MAHT.
Steven Hoort, Greg Kaden, and Bill McCarthy (Ropes & Gray)
for helping the Schoolhouse 77 Tenants Association navigate
bankruptcy court and preserve their homes.
The Bailis House is very accessible:
Orange Line to Mass Avenue Stop
Green Line to Symphony Stop
Parking garages behind NE Conservatory and Bailis House.
Stop at Bailis House for a parking garage token.

The need to organize tenants to make our voices heard is more compelling now than ever before; and we hope you can help MAHT reach its annual appeal goal by attending its Holiday Event. All contributions and sponsorships go toward the continuing tenant struggle.

See you Tuesday, December 18, 2007 !!!!
617.267.2949
www.saveourhomes.org