[act-ma] Fri: "Defending Kids from Corporate Marketers" (2/8)

Jamaica Plain Forum jamaicaplainforumsarah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:58:59 PST 2008

"Defending Kids from Corporate Marketers" with Susan Linn
Friday, February 8th
7:00pm, Free

In a world where we increasingly see marketing in every nook and
cranny, it is not surprising that there are advertisements targeted to
children. However, what is surprising is the extent and reach of that
marketing. For example, current statistics show us that children see
more than 40,000 commercials on television, contributing to a $15
billion dollar industry. Susan Linn, child psychotherapist and author,
is leading the pack in reducing the harmful effects of exploitative
marketing on children.

Join Susan at the Jamaica Plain Forum as she reveals the impact that
over-marketing has on the development and creativity of our children.
By interweaving real-life stories of marketing to children, child
development theory, the latest research, and what marketing experts
themselves say about their work, Susan reveals the magnitude of this
problem and shows what can be done about it.

The Jamaica Plain Forum
First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist
6 Eliot St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

http://www.jamaicaplainforum.org

Sarah Schwartz Sax