[act-ma] Thurs, Feb 7: UP film screening: Malcolm X - Prince of Islam

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Sat Feb 2 08:19:50 PST 2008

Showing Thursday, Feb 7th, in Cambridge
commemorating the assasination of Malcolm X
<http://www.cmgww.com/historic/malcolm/about/bio.htm>, February 21st, 1965

*MALCOLM X- PRINCE OF ISLAM* "is the EXPLOSIVE and GRIPPING
documentary that shows never before seen footage of al-Hajj
Malik Shabazz, a truly Islamic hero.  [Malcolm X took the name
al-Hajj Malik Shabazz in 1964]

In '/Prince of Islam/' we learn about Malcolm's childhood struggles
through to him joining the ... group 'Nation of Islam' to him finally
accepting the
true religion of Islam after performing the Hajj in Makkah.    "

*When/where*
7 pm
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
http://rule19.org/videos

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends! Free
film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/If we don't stand for something, we may fall for anything/." ~ Malcom X

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

On Martin Luther King, Jr *: "*/He got the peace prize, we got the
problem.... If I'm following a general, and he's leading me into a
battle, and the enemy tends to give him rewards, or awards, I get
suspicious of him. Especially if he gets a peace award before the war is
over./" ~Malcom X

*Unveiling Palestine film series  - see http://rule19.org/videos*
Why should YOU care? It's your money that pays for the occupation &
illegal Israeli settlements.

"/The zionist argument to justify Israel's present occupation of Arab
Palestine has no intelligent or legal basis in history./" ~ *Malcolm X*

"People are scared in the U.S. to say 'wrong is wrong,' because the
pro-Israeli lobby [AIPAC] is powerful---very powerful. Well, so what?
For goodness sake, this is God's world. We live in a moral universe. The
Apartheid government was very powerful, but today it no longer exists."
~ *Desmond Tutu*