[act-ma] 2/17 Prince Myshkins concert was moved to 2/22

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun Feb 17 07:11:51 PST 2008

  Moved to 2/22 The Prince Myshkins and Charlie King

**There was an announcement about this sent out a while ago but this one
will be right next to the incorrect announcement for those checking the
website.

Charlie Welch
for Act-MA

Note the date was moved from Sunday the 17th to Friday the 22nd

A personal recommendation on this one.  I saw them the last time they
played Community Church and they were great.

Charlie Welch
act-ma

You MUST MUST MUST MUST not miss Boston’s evening with
The Prince Myshkins

Fri., Feb. 22, 2008; 7:30 PM
Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St. (Copley Square), Boston
(over the Globe Cafe)
Admission: $15.00
Near Orange Line, (Back Bay) and Green Line (Copley)
Reservations and Information:-617-869-3014
www.commchurch.org, dean at deanstevens.com

"The songs are meticulous masterpieces, lyrically and musically. The
Prince Myshkins are true American queer music revolutionaires.... each
song an American epic unto itself." Outvoice Reviews

The Prince Myshkins (Rick Burkhardt, accordion, and Andy Gricevich,
guitar) are the funniest and most bitingly brilliant political satirists
you’ll ever encounter. They also happen to be two of the most
accomplished young players to come down the pike, as well as the
tightest ensemble you've ever heard.

Their music is really hard to describe or categorize, but you will find
within their magic, the strangest and most amazing confluence of Kurt
Weill's cabaret sensibility, Tom Lehrer's bitingly comedic irony/satire,
Gilbert and Sullivan's clever verbosity, and Woody Guthrie's razor sharp
political pen. All of this and none, or more, I'm not sure which. YOU
MUST COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF WHAT I MEAN. I've been affected in a
profound way by this duo. Dean Stevens

To see/download a flyer please click here.
http://www.commchurch.org/concert_feb2008.pdf

Their website is
http://www.princemyshkins.com/

They are also playing