[act-ma] Postponed Tonight: "Iron Ladies of Liberia" at the Jamaica Plain Forum

Jamaica Plain Forum jamaicaplainforumsarah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 08:30:02 PST 2008

Due to Inclement Weather, the screening of "Iron Ladies of Liberia" will be
postponed until further notice.

Please check our website or join our email list for further updates.
------------------
The Jamaica Plain Forum Presents:

"Iron Ladies of Liberia" documentary screening and discussion
Friday, February 22nd
7:00pm, Free

She's already overcome tremendous obstacles to become the first woman ever
elected president in Africa—now all she has to do is turn around Liberia — a
country devastated by unemployment, debt, corruption, and the legacy of
civil war. Follow Ellen Sirleaf Johnson through her first year in office as
she faces angry mobs, ambitious political rivals, and high-ranking members
of the international community. Her story is inspiring a new generation of
leaders in Africa and around the world.

Our film will be followed by an informal discussion. Free popcorn provided!
First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist
6 Eliot St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

http://www.jamaicaplainforum.org

Sarah Schwartz Sax