[act-ma] 2/27 & 28 The Price of Sugar

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Feb 23 03:20:53 PST 2008

KSG: Film Screening: The Price of Sugar
<http://www.drclas.harvard.edu/events/ksg_thepriceofsugar>

*Date:* Wednesday, February 27, 2008
*Time:* 6:00 - 8:00pm
*Location:* Kennedy School of Government, Starr Auditorium
79 JFK St. Cambridge
*Contact:* enrp at ksg.harvard.edu

Narrated by Paul Newman, /The Price of Sugar/ follows Father Christopher
Hartley, a charismatic Spanish priest, as he organizes some of this
hemisphere's poorest people to fight for their basic human rights. This
film raises key questions about where the products we consume originate
and at what human cost they are produced. www.thepriceofsugar.com
<http://www.thepriceofsugar.com>

The film will be presented by Bill Haney, director and producer of the
film. For more information go to
http://belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu/events/3626
<http://belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu/events/3626>

This event is sponsored by the Environment and Natural Resources
Program, the Center for International Development, and the David
Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies.

HMS Film Screening: The Price of Sugar
<http://www.drclas.harvard.edu/events/hmsfilm_thepriceofsugar>
*Location:* TMEC Amphitheatre, Harvard Medical School Quad, Boston, 260
Longwood Ave
*Contact:* Kristin Huang, kristin_huang at hms.harvard.edu

Narrated by Paul Newman, /The Price of Sugar/ follows Father Christopher
Hartley, a charismatic Spanish priest, as he organizes some of this
hemisphere's poorest people to fight for their basic human rights. This
film raises key questions about where the products we consume originate
and at what human cost they are produced. www.thepriceofsugar.com
<http://www.thepriceofsugar.com>

The film will be followed by Q&A with the director and producer.
Reception to Follow.