[act-ma] [Act-MA] Spring course: Psychological Impact of Social and Global Issues

Julie Oxenberg joxenberg at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 04:59:28 PST 2008

I'd like to let you know about a continuing education program for psychotherapists, coaches, other healers and/or interested lay people taking place later this spring (see listing below). The program will explore the psychological impact of social and global issues and will be co-sponsored by the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology and the Tikkun Institute. If you are interested in participating you can register by clicking on the "Registration" link below. If you have questions about the program you can call MSPP at: 617.327. 6777 and ask for continuing education. Please feel free to pass this notice along to others you know who might be interested in this program. Thanks!
We Live in the World and the World Lives in Us:The Impact of Social and Global Issues on Psychotherapy and the Psychotherapist
Co-sponsored by The Psychology of Peace Initiative at MSPP and the Tikkun Institute

Date:
6 Wednesday eveningsApril 23, May 7, 21. June 4, 18, 25, 2008

Time:
6:00 – 8:00 pm                          CEU Credits:    12

Instructors:
Monique Morimoto Flaherty, MS, CPCC Julie Oxenberg, Ph.D.

Location:
This program will be held at: 930 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA, which is a holistic healing space. The owner of this space, Jeannie Seidler, LICSW, holds a socially-conscious vision for her work and the use of her space as a community resource.

How do social issues (such as the environmental challenges we face, the war, the economy, the state of health care) and societal values (including individualism, competition, ‘freedom’) affect us as therapists, healers, or coaches and impact our work with clients? How does the world show up in our consulting rooms? Join us for a six-part experiential course in which we will explore these vital though often overlooked questions together. Our program will include meditation, brief lecture, discussion and readings. The program will center, however, upon an open exploration of how we as therapists/coaches are affected personally by backdrop social issues and societal values and how we see their impact manifesting in our clients’ relationships, symptoms, obstacles and goals. The group will also explore together if and how to address the influence of these issues directly in the therapy/coaching context and how to empower ourselves and our clients in relation to these larger concerns.

To Register:
PDF Registration Form; How to Register  For more information you can call MSPP: 617.327.6777.