[act-ma] 4/05 & 6 boston skillshare workshops at MIT this weekend

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Wed Apr 2 11:00:07 PDT 2008

the 2008 BOSTON SKILLSHARE!

now with over *50* different workshops!
<http://bostonskillshare.org/workshop.php>

saturday and sunday
april 5 and 6, 2008

register at MIT's stata center
32 vassar street, cambridge
10:30am-6:30pm
$3-10 sliding scale and/or volunteer

for more information and a complete schedule see:
www.bostonskillshare.org <http://www.bostonskillshare.org/>

       the boston skillshare is an annual donation-based weekend event
       that brings people together to share practical skills which help
       us to live happily, creatively and sustainably. the emphasis is on
       action over theory, participation over talk. we want to live with
       enthusiasm, so let us learn with vigor!

WORKSHOPS OFFERED:

Esperanto Conversation
Introduction To Juggling
Learn To Knit
Practical Urban Cycling
The Truth About Identy Theft
35mm Film Pinholes: Simple Cameras Made Out Of Trash
Beginning Lampwork: Making Glass Beads
Creating Emotional Safety As A Facilitator
Drag King 101: Strut For Success!
Intermediate To Advanced Juggling
Sprouts And Microgreens
Crafting Creatures: Easy Techniques For Knitted Stuffed Animals
Games And Fun And Games And Fun And Games: Fun And Games
Herbal First Aid
Kick the Kibble: Cooking for your Animal Companion
Lesbian Dating 101
People's Poetry Workshop
Rad Library Resources
Grow It Yourself: Beginner Urban Gardening
How To Become A Backgammon Master
Mental Health: Navigating Systems, Self-Care, And Safety Planning
Salsa, Merengue, Spanish & La Lucha
Supporting Survivors Of GLBT Abusive Relationships
You Are Not A Number: Applying To Grad School Even If Your GREs Are Low
Destroy The Binary: Taking Back Gender
Free (the) Net : Build Your Own Wireless Internet Router
Home Brewing
Intro To Linguistics
Mask Making And Cardboard Sculpting
Time Management
Vintage Moped Restoration And Small Engine Repair
Basic Self Defense
Electronic Design, Microcontrollers and You
Fun with Fermentation!
Overcoming Procrastination, Perfectionism, And Blocks To Success
Run, Run, Run For Fun
Speed Erotica
Strap It Down, Pack It In: Drag King Masculine Performance Workshop
Chemical Weapons & Police Tactics
I Wanna Felt You Up
How To Use Your Story: A Community Organizing Overview
Prefigurative Parenting: Growing Empowered Kids from the Beginning
Soccer for All
Wild Carrot: Natural, Conscious Herbal Contraception
Yurts and Simple Shelters! What. Why. How.
Basic Bicycle Maintainence
Growing Yr Own Mushrooms
JP Kickball©: Strategize And Socialize
Personal Coaching 101
Protest Street Tactics
Soap Making And Embroidery Everyone Can Do It!
Know Your Rights!
Wiggle It Just a Little Bit: Indoor Worm Composting

Get involved! www.bostonskillshare.org <http://www.bostonskillshare.org/>

--

Kendra Johnson

"We must be the change we wish to see in this world."
-Mohandas Gandhi