[act-ma] Top Stories at Open Media Boston (week of 5/16/08) / Boston Summer Media Internship

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Fri May 16 08:58:47 PDT 2008

Hi folks,

Be sure to check out this week's top stories at www.openmediaboston.org:

News: Union Janitors March to Protest Planned Firings
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/157

News: Senator Dianne Wilkerson Testifies in Support of Foreclosure
Moratorium Legislation
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/153

Editorial: Lost Opportunties in the Mass. Senate Ways and Means Budget
Proposal
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/161

Opinion: 10 Year-Old Commits Suicide on Mother's Day
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/152

Living: Thursday, May 22 is Health Care Action Day!
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/156

Tech (Satire): Malevolent Apple Cult Launches Headquarters in the Heart
of Boston
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/159

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

Also, we're looking for summer interns; so please take a look at our
internship listing below this message (and forward it widely).

Enjoy,

Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher
Open Media Boston
www.openmediaboston.org
************************

*Boston Media Summer Internship*

Open Media Boston - the new progressive news, views and arts portal for
the Boston area - is pleased to announce our first internship program,
Boston Media Summer. We're looking for several students or recent
graduates with backgrounds in any form of journalism in any medium who
can produce at least 1 piece of content a week for our site from late
May to early September - and attend occasional workshops and seminars
presented by media professionals. Selected applicants should be willing
to do assignment reporting, but will also be encouraged to contribute
original work. All assignments will be T accessible. The internships
will be unpaid, but will only require a few hours a week to complete and
can easily be taken on alongside paid jobs. To apply, send a short
letter of interest and a list of relevant experience to Open Media
Boston Editor/Publisher Jason Pramas at info at openmediaboston.org. Be
sure to check out Open Media Boston at www.openmediaboston.org before
applying.