[act-ma] Thur., 7/3, 4:30 pm, WFN Rally/SpeakOut vs. Utility Shutoffs and Food and Fuel Prices!

Women's Fightback Network iacboston at iacboston.org
Wed Jul 2 18:08:40 PDT 2008

Spread the Word!!
****************************

Join the Women's Fightback Network at a

*RALLY and SPEAK OUT to Demand:*
* *
*STOP UTILITY SHUT OFFS NOW!
AFFORDABLE FOOD, FUEL and HOUSING IS A RIGHT!*
* *
*Thursday July 3, 2008*
* *
*4:30 -- 6:00pm*
* *
*at NStar Electric & Gas Corp. *
* *
*1165 Mass Ave., Dorchester MA*
* *
Across from South Bay Mall and
Super Stop-n-Shop entrance.
(look for the yellow WFN banner)

-Solidarity with NStar and Stop-n-Shop Workers!
-No Utility Shut-offs or Job Layoffs!
-$$$$ for food, housing, jobs and education, not war!
-SHUT OFF Utility & Oil Company Greed, Not Our Heat and Lights!
-Roll back Utility Rates and Food Costs for the People!
-Bail Out the People - Not the Banks and Corporations!
-Foreclose the War, Not People's Homes!
-Subsidize Food, Fuel, Housing and Human Needs not WAR!

On May 1st, 2008, 100,000 Massachusetts households received gas and
electric utility shutoff notices.   Food, fuel, heat, electricity,
water, and housing are all basic human needs.   Why should the
utility and oil companies make HUGE PROFITS while workers struggle
to get to work, keep a roof over their heads, feed their families
and keep the lights on at home?  Or keep from freezing in the
winter?

Last week, Congress gave the Pentagon $162 billion more for the
war and occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan.  The current cost of
the war is now over $650 billion.  This is a crime against
the people of Iraq and Afghanistan and people here at home!

It is time for us to come together to demand $$ for food, fuel and
community needs, not for a war which profits greedy corporations,
politicians, military contractors and BIG OIL.

While our jobs and wages are shrinking, the Bush administration
and Congress have passed laws which give greater tax cuts to
the rich.  And there are massive cutbacks in healthcare, housing,
schools, youth services, food programs, and infrastructure.

We are in an economic crisis.  It is time to fightback and demand
emergency relief to stop the foreclosures, rising food and fuel
prices, and utility shutoffs.   Subsidize Community Needs, Not the
Pentagon War Machine!

A militant, independent, mass movement led by women, people of
color, youth, immigrants, LGBT folks, workers and all the oppressed
is the way forward!

For more info:
Call 617-522-6626 or email at wfn at iacboston.org <mailto:wfn at iacboston.org>