[act-ma] 9/01 24th Annual Bread and Roses Festival

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Aug 30 07:38:55 PDT 2008

*Monday, September 1, 2008- Happy Labor Day!

T**he 24th Annual Bread and Roses Festival!!* Labor Day, September 1,
2008 will mark the 24th annual Bread and Roses Festival! We will
celebrate Lawrence's labor history and ethnic diversity, and
particularly the historic, heroic events of 1912, the Bread and Roses
Strike. We celebrate with a variety of music and dance, poetry and
drama, ethnic food, historical demonstrations, and walking and trolley
tours, all on or starting from Lawrence's Common. We also host
organizations continuing the struggle for social justice today. Bread
and Roses is the only festival in the region which celebrates the true
spirit of Labor Day, in the most appropriate location, the site of the
Bread and Roses Strike. And it is the only broadly multicultural
festival in Lawrence, the Immigrant City.

For more information contact Jim Beauchesne at Lawrence Heritage Park
Tel: 978-794-1655 Email: jim.beauchesne at state.ma.us
<mailto:jim.beauchesne at state.ma.us> or breadandroses99 at hotmail.com
<mailto:breadandroses99 at hotmail.com>.  Or visit
http://www.breadandroses.net/