[act-ma] Sept 23, Hearing on Treatment of Janitors in Brookline

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Sun Sep 14 09:21:08 PDT 2008

Notice of Community Hearing about the Treatment of Janitors in Brookline and Greater Boston

Janitors to testify to community leaders about human rights violations and unacceptable working conditions

On September 23rd, local community, faith, and political leaders will gather with concerned community members to hear testimony from subcontracted janitors about what happens to the people who clean the buildings where we live, work, and worship.  In addition to speaking about their experiences of being mistreated, these janitors will talk about what they are doing to improve their situation, and how you can help.

You are invited to hear these testimonies and to join the discussion about how we can ensure that large janitorial contractors respect the basic human rights of the people that clean our buildings.