[act-ma] Reminder: Friday, Sept. 19 - "Chicago 10" at JP Forum

James in Cambridge tompaine at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:29:46 PDT 2008

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:50:16 -0400From: jamaicaplainforumsarah at gmail.comTo: tompaine at hotmail.comSubject: Reminder: Friday, Sept. 19 - "Chicago 10" at JP Forum

The Jamaica Plain Forum"Community Conversations on the great issues shaping our neighborhood and our planet"www.jamaicaplainforum.org

Upcoming Events at the Jamaica Plain Forum

CHICAGO 10 Film and Discussion (9/19)

"Sustainable City Living" (10/3)

First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist
The JP Forum is a program of First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist.  Learn more about First Church by visiting www.firstchurchjp.org

Ideas into Action for Peace, Justice, andthe Environment.

This project is funded, in part by the Fund for UU Social Responsibility

"CHICAGO 10"Film an DiscussionFriday, September 19th7:00pm
Mixing animation with archival footage, Director Brett Morgan explores the build-up to and unraveling the 1968 Chicago Conspiracy Trial. CHICAGO 10 is a parable of hope, courage and challenge as it portrays the struggle of young Americans speaking out and taking a stand in the face of an oppressive and armed government. Please join us to watch a 74-minute version of this film, and then stay to share your experiences, memories, and thoughts about the 1968 Chicago Conspiracy Trial and how this history impacts our experiences today.
Event InfoFriday, September 19th, 20087:00pmFREEFirst Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian UniversalistParish Hall6 Eliot St.Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

Sustainable City Livingwith Austin's Rhizome CollectiveFriday, October 3rd7:00pm
With a warming globe and diminishing oil, it is critical that we begin to live with a dramatically different way. Bike-power, rain water collection, permaculture and relocalization of our communites are just the beginning. We will discuss the creative methods that "urban pioneers" have been testing out to live within the earth's limits and without corporate control of our livelihoods.The Rhizome Collective has published  "Toolbox for Sustainable City Living,"  This Toolbox is a step-by-step instructions for city dwellers interested in producing our own food, collecting water, managing waste, reclaiming land, and generating energy.The Jamaica Plain Forum offers this program as a continuation of our Climate Change Series.  Last year we explored the causes and implications of global warming.  This event is for everyone who want to do more than just change a light-bulb, come to gain new tools and inspiration for creating a more sustainable future.

Event InfoFriday, October 3rd, 20087:00pmFREEFirst Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian UniversalistParish Hall6 Eliot St.Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

Many Thanks to the generous Cosponsors of this event

More About The Jamaica Plain Forum
The JP Forum is an program of First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist.
Speakers include people from the Jamaica Plain community who are involved in dynamic and stimulating work near and far, as well as regional and national authors, activists, artists and thinkers.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Jamaica Plain Forum. All activities follow the principles of tolerance, respectfulness and inclusiveness.
Although no fee is required for attendance, donations will contribute to building-use fees and JP Forum expenses. All Jamaica Plain Forum activities are wheelchair accessible.Visit our website for more: www.jamaicaplainforum.org

Forward email

This email was sent to tompaine at hotmail.com by jamaicaplainforumsarah at gmail.com.

Email Marketing by
Inequality and the Common Good: IPS | 30 Germania St. | Floor #3 | Jamaica Plain | MA | 02130