[act-ma] 10/1 (Wed) Cambridge Forum Hosts Dr. Vincent Harding

Cambridge Forum camforum at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 09:48:45 PDT 2008

Cambridge Forum
3 Church Street ● Cambridge, MA 02138

DR. VINCENT HARDING: “IS AMERICA POSSIBLE?”
7:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Cambridge Forum
3 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138

Free and Open to the Public

Press Release

Is America possible?  How can we achieve the ideals of our founding?  Internationally renowned theologian Vincent Harding argues that the American Dream has never been fully realized.  He calls the nation’s marginalized, especially African Americans and young people, to claim the vision of a just and democratic America and work to fulfill it.

Vincent Harding is professor emeritus and trustee at the Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado, where he served as [professor of religion and social transformation for almost a quarter century.  A  personal friend and co-worker of Martin Luther King, Jr., Dr. Harding served as director of the Martin Luther King Memorial Center in Atlanta, chairman of the nationally televised CBS Black Heritage series, and senior academic adviser to the PBS series Eyes On The Prize: America’s Civil Rights Years.  In 1997 he and his wife Rosemarie founded the Veterans of Hope Project to gather the stories of women and men who have worked through the decades to create a more just and compassionate world, work he and his children continue following Rosemarie’s death.

This forum is co-sponsored by The Fetzer Institute, as part of their Deepening the American Dream project.  The Fetzer Institute is a private foundation established by John E. Fetzer, a broadband pioneer and former owner of the Detroit Tigers.  It’s program are intended to bring love and forgiveness to the center of individual, community, and organizational life.

A reception at 6:30 p.m. precedes the program.  Cambridge Forum is taped and edited for public radio broadcast.  Edited CDs are available to the public by contacting 617-495-2727.   Select forums can be viewed in their entirety on demand by visiting our website at www.cambridgeforum.org and clicking on the WGBH Forum Network.

Cambridge Forum
3 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Phone/fax:  617-495-2727
email:  mailto:director at cambridgeforum.org
website:  http://www.cambridgeforum.org

"Bringing People together to talk again . . ."