[act-ma] HONK! Fest, Oct.10-Oct.13

bobmoshe at riseup.net bobmoshe at riseup.net
Sun Oct 5 12:33:06 PDT 2008

HONK! Fest (Friday, 10/10 to Monday, 10/13), the original festival of
activist brass bands, is back for its third year making righteous music in
Davis Square, parading from Davis to Harvard Sq., breaking it all down for
you at Tufts, and spreading the word to Providence. Twenty-five bands are
coming this year from all over the country and the world, including old
favorites from past years and bands that are sure to be new favorites.
http://www.honkfest.org/

The Schedule:
•	Friday: Workshops and a symposium on “Politics and Festival” at Tufts,
where community members and activists converge to talk about their role in
the struggle and tackle the challenges faced by activist street bands.
Come and talk!
•	Saturday: Free music for all! From noon until 9pm, 25 bands will play at
6 outdoor locations throughout Davis Square. Come and dance!
•	Sunday: At noon, we’ll parade from Davis to Harvard Square, to “Reclaim
the Streets for Horns, Bikes and Feet.” Come and march (and dance some
more!)
•	Sunday evening will bring the return of the popular closing concert and
jam at the VFW Dilboy Hall. Come and dance even more!
•	New this year! Monday in Providence: Brass Bands Conquer The World. HONK
extends another day. Come and march and listen and dance.
For details, go to: http://www.honkfest.org/schedule.htm

We rely on volunteers to make this festival happen and donors to help us
fund it. To donate or volunteer: http://www.honkfest.org/helpus.htm