[act-ma] 11/7 A Far Cry orchestra benefit for Bikes Not Bombs
Bikes Not Bombs
mail at bikesnotbombs.org
Fri Oct 31 07:44:28 PDT 2008
"A FAR CRY" ORCHESTRA BENEFIT CONCERT FOR BNB
Friday November 7th
Doors at 6:30, music at 7:00
at English High School Auditorium
144 McBride Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(near the Green St T station)
Come out for an evening of classical music to support Bikes Not
Bombs! A great big thanks to A Far Cry for coming to us and offering
this amazing benefit. The November 7th concert will feature Handel's
Concerto Grosso op.6 in Gm, Tchaikovsky's Serenade, and Golijov's
Hailed by the Boston Globe as "one of Boston's most promising
classical music groups," A Far Cry is making waves, experimenting
with how music is performed and heard. A tightly-knit group of 17
young professional musicians, A Far Cry formed in early 2007, seeking
the freedom and flexibility of a string quartet as well as the power
and beauty of an orchestra. Their high level of musicianship has
drawn Boston Symphony Orchestra members to join them as soloists for
select pieces. For more info see http://www.afarcry.org/
Operating with rotating leadership and no conductor, A Far Cry is
generating interest not only in the concert hall, but also with its
innovative model. All artistic decisions are made by vote as a
collective, and the musicians take care of ALL the behind-the-scenes
work, from booking concerts to exploring the means of fundraising.
A 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, A Far Cry is also committed
to social change and harmony, donating proceeds from concerts to
homeless shelters in the Boston area, and partnering with other non-
profits such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. A Far Cry's 2008-09
season holds engagements at the Yellow Barn and Kneisel Hall
Festivals, concerts from Minnesota to Florida, and a growing hometown
series in Boston. Their newest benefit concert will support Bikes
Not Bombs on November 7th.
YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF "A FAR CRY"
* Respighi: Ancient Airs and Dances - Italiana - http://
* Bach: Brandenburg Concerto #3 - mvt 1+2 - http://www.youtube.com/
* Bach: Brandenburg Concerto #3 - mvt 3 - http://www.youtube.com/
* Mozart: Divertimento #3 - mvt 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?
* Mozart: Divertimento#3 - mvt 2 + 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?
* Bartok: Divertimento for Strings - mvt 3 - http://www.youtube.com/
* Britten: Lachrymae with Roger Tapping - Part 1 - http://
* Britten: Lachrymae with Roger Tapping - Part 2 - http://
A FAR CRY website: http://www.afarcry.org/
TICKETS: Buy them online at the website of A Far Cry: http://
* The English High School Auditorium is at 144 McBride Street,
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
* Very close to the Green Street T station.
* See map at http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=144
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA