[act-ma] 11/6 6:45pm "Stealing America: Vote By Vote" -- First Thursday Film for November

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Tue Nov 4 10:54:09 PST 2008

Stealing America: Vote By Vote
A film that documents the crisis in our electoral system.

Thursday, November 6 at 6:45 p.m.
Central Square Branch, Cambridge Public Library
45 Pearl Street, Cambridge

Filmmaker Dorothy Fadiman shines a spotlight on the gritty reality of the last decade's most egregious incidents of U.S. electoral insecurity. Featuring Greg Palast, the film brings together dramatic behind-the-scenes stories related to the election of November 2, 2004. The heart of the story is a candid assessment of ways in which privatized election systems, disenfranchisement of certain populations and vulnerable voting technology are affecting our democracy.

There will be an extended informal discussion after the film, and those who want to continue the discussion will be meeting for coffee at Andala (286 Franklin St., two blocks from the library).

Admission is free and there are refreshments. There is an inexpensive parking garage next to the library and some parking on the street. Pearl Street is just off Mass. Ave in Central Square.

The First Thursday Film Series is sponsored by the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) and the Cambridge Peace Commission. For further information call 617.244.8054.