[act-ma] 12/28, 2-4pm: VIGIL FOR GAZA TODAY & other actions

gaza boston gazaonmymindboston at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 07:12:05 PST 2008

(Forward to friends & lists.)

*Boston Responds to the Massacres in Gaza.*

Call for actions of solidarity with the people of Gaza. **

1) *Sunday, Dec. 28, 2-4pm.* Vigil for Gaza: Park Street Station, Boston
Common. Please bring candles and signs (suggested messages below)

 2) *Monday, Dec. 29, 12:30pm.* One Bowdoin Square, Boston. The ADC-MA and
the Arab American community will request an emergency meeting with Senator
Kerry at his offices.  Supporters are urged to stand vigil outside.  Please
come with protest signs.

3)* Monday, Dec. 29, 4-7pm. * Stand in solidarity at Harvard Sq (in front of
Holyoke Center), Watertown Sq, Roxbury Crossing, Coolidge Corner, Arlington
Center, or go out with friends and signs (see suggested messages below) at
busy intersections in your community.

4) *Wed. Dec. 31, 1-7pm*. First Night Peace Fair (First Night Against the
Wars), Copley Sq.

*SUGGESTED MESSAGES*:

[image: Our Hearts Are With You Gaza]: Our Hearts Are With You Gaza

[image: Gaza On My Mind]: Gaza On My Mind

Stop Israel's War Crimes in Gaza

Israel: Stop the Massacres in Gaza

*NO* *MORE* US tax $ for bombs on Gaza

Please let us know if you are participating in this action. Send us the
details and we will help spread the word!

Contact: gazaonmymindboston at gmail.com <gazaonmymindboston at googlegroups.com>

On 12/28/08 Israeli Air Force attacks in the Gaza Strip killed at least 225
and injured hundreds more. These attacks come on top of Israel's siege on
the Gaza Strip, a siege that has created a humanitarian catastrophe in which
the majority of Gaza's 1.5 million Palestinian residents have limited access
to food, water, fuel, medicine, electricity, and other necessities of life.
Israel carried out the attacks today with F16 fighter jets and missiles
provided by U.S. taxpayers. From 2001-2006, the U.S. transferred to Israel
more than $200 million of spare parts for its F16 fleet. In July 2008, the
U.S. gave Israel 186 million gallons of aviation jet fuel. Last year, the
United States signed a $1.3 billion contract with Raytheon to transfer to
Israel thousands of TOW, Hellfire, and "bunker buster" missiles.  In
short, Israel's
attacks today on the Gaza Strip could not happen without the active military
and political support of the United States, funded by our tax dollars.  We
need to take action to protest this attack and demand an immediate
cease-fire.