[act-ma] 2/7 Mass Peace Action's Annual Meeting & Refreshments!

susanna at masspeaceaction.org susanna at masspeaceaction.org
Fri Feb 6 12:29:16 PST 2009

Massachusetts Peace Action invites you to join us for our
2009 Annual Meeting: Peace Organizing in a New Era

Saturday, February 7, 2009
1:00--4:30 PM at Encuentro 5
33 Harrison Avenue, 5th Floor
Boston, MA, 02111

Free and Open to the Public | Near several MBTA lines (Chinatown, Downtown
Crossing, Boylston Street)
Download a .pdf flier here:
http://masspeaceaction.org/pdfs/masspeaceaction_annualmeeting09.pdf

As the Obama Administration takes office, the peace movement has both new
opportunities to seize and growing crises to confront. Join us to discuss
emerging peace priorities, from stopping a military escalation in
Afghanistan to finally advancing a world free of nuclear weapons.  Let's
gather together, share insights, inspiration, and action ideas, and
strengthen our movement for peace.

/Speakers include:/
- *Brian Corr* on organizing for peace and justice in the Obama era

- *Madelyn Hoffman*, a recent peace delegate to Afghanistan, on why we
must stop an escalation and end the war

- *Subrata Ghoshroy* on new opportunities for nonproliferation and the
abolition of nuclear weapons

Join with Mass Peace Action members and friends from across the state to
strengthen the power of the grassroots peace movement in Massachusetts and
discuss our peace priorities for 2009!  Enjoy refreshments and socializing
with fellow peace and justice activists. Plan for peace actions in the
year ahead, and deepen your
involvement with Mass Peace Action The event will begin with a brief
business meeting, and will conclude with a slide presentation from a
delegation to Afghanistan.

*RSVP: 617-354-2169 or email members at masspeaceaction.org*