[act-ma] 2/12 - Free UPandOUT film screening: "Malcolm X - Prince of Islam" - Thurs, Feb 12th

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Sat Feb 7 19:49:58 PST 2009

Showing Thursday, Feb 12th, in Cambridge:
*//*

*/Malcolm X - Prince of Islam                               75 /*min*/
/*

"The EXPLOSIVE and GRIPPING documentary that shows never before seen
footage of al-Hajj Malik Shabazz, a truly Islamic hero. Malcolm took the
name al-Hajj Malik Shabazz in 1964.

Malcolm courageously stood firm in the midst of his enemies ...
In 'Prince of Islam' we learn about his childhood struggles through to
him joining the 'Nation of Islam' to him finally accepting the true
religion of Islam after performing the Hajj in Makkah."

When asked if he would accept outer help from the Communists:
"/Let me tell you a little story. It's like being in a wolf's den. The
wolf sees someone on the outside who is interested in freeing me from
the den. The wolf doesn't like that person on the outside. But I don't
care who opens the door and lets me out/."

"Then your answer is yes?"
"/No, I'm talking about a wolf/."

"/My thinking had been opened up wide in Mecca. I've written to friends:
'I've had enough of someone else's propaganda. I am for truth, no matter
who tells it. I am for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I am
a human being first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and
whatever benefits humanity as a whole.' The American white man's press
called me the angriest Negro in America. I wouldn't deny that charge; I
spoke exactly as I felt. I believe in anger. I believe it is a crime for
anyone who is being brutalized to continue to accept that brutality
without doing something to defend himself./"

*When/where*
7 pm
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
http://rule19.org/videos

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends! Free
film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

/"No people anywhere in the world would accept being expelled en masse
from their country; how can anyone require the people of Palestine to
accept a punishment which nobody else would tolerate?/" ~Bertrand Russell

//

*UPandOUT film series  - see http://rule19.org/videos*
Why should YOU care? It's your money that pays for the occupation &
illegal Israeli settlements.