[act-ma] 3/21 Gragger/Noisemaker! Workmen's Circle 2nd Annual Radical Purim Party

Mary Horrocks mary at circleboston.org
Fri Feb 20 13:09:32 PST 2009

GRAGGER/NOISEMAKER!

Workmen's Circle Second Annual Radical Purim Party

Celebrating Housing Justice!

Saturday, March 21

8pm-1am

At SEIU Local 615

26 West Street, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA

Sliding scale $10-20

Music by Debo Band and DJ D'hana. Performance by members of the Boston Hoop
Troop and the Grasshopper Collective.

Purim is a Jewish holiday that celebrates liberation and invites us to dress
up, come out, and spin the world on its head. This year, we will honor work
that is being done locally to protect tenants' rights and fight for
affordable housing.  A portion of the proceeds will support the work of City
Life/Vida Urbana.  The Gragger, the Jewish noisemaker, is traditionally used
to drown out the name of our foes -- on March 21, we'll make some serious
noise in a rowdy call for justice and joy! Join us.

Music, circus arts, and political theater by local artists! All ages are
welcomed. Come in costume!

In Collaboration with City Life/Vida Urbana.

For more information, visit www.circleboston.org
<http://www.circleboston.org/>

Order tickets before or pay at the door.  Contact: 617-566-6281 or
leah at circleboston.org

dangerous content by Darim Online, and is
believed to be clean.